Thursday, September 9, 2010

Today is a Good Day


First and formally, I would like to apologies to the cougar nation, especially my older sister who kindly corrected my attitude regarding BYU. I thought I was sad when BYU beat UW, but when I thought about it later that evening, I was actually happy. I do love BYU, since I'll be going back there I need to represent it well, even amongst the utah red all around me. So again, I am sorry, I will speak no more evil!


We had Daisy's baptism this past week. I would send pictures of that but the guy that took them doesn't really know how to hold a camera steady, so I don't have a good picture of it. So I thought I would send you pictures of my apartment (and I think my mother would like to see how I'm living these days) It's not a bad apartment, we keep it pretty clean. My desk is the one that has the pictures on the wall in front and around the desk. The big wooden one has been there since the apartment was donated to the church for missionary use...back in 1990! The thing is covered with signatures and drawings from missionaries all the way back to that time. So where did Elder Warczak sign? I didn't want my name to be lost amongst all the others, so I went where no one else had! I think it's a pretty fine little drawing. It's definitely the biggest one of them all, so for another 10 years missionaries will see that and say, "Hey, that Elder Warczak must have been a pretty cool guy" or they'll draw horns on my turtle and write their name over mine and Elder Warczak will be lost to the ages! Hahaha oh well, I had some free time one evening when missionaries had to be inside by 6pm (for some holiday I think, Pioneer Day maybe?)

Today instead of going to the temple Elder Burkard and I met with a couple with this senior missionary named Elder Dehyle. He does marriages, and couples that aren't, he gets them married! So we met with this couple this morning that have been together for 10 years and have 2 kids, but never married. The wife is a member, not active but wants to come back. The husband really likes us and is warming up quickly to the idea of joining the church, he's already been to church twice. Elder Dehyle got in there and said it to them straight, "God can't bless you right now because you're living in sin. When you get married, blessings will pour out upon you." They had talked about getting married before, and the girlfriend said all she needed was a ring! After that Elder Dehyle took them to get their marriage license! Within 2 hours, a couple decided to get married after 10 years and this weekend the Bishop will marry them! YAY FOR MARRIAGE!!!! Once that's out of the way, we will begin teaching the lessons to the husband and preparing him for baptism. It was a really cool thing to sit in on as Elder Dehyle talked to them, the spirit was really strong. This is definitely one of my favorite experiences so far on the mission.

Conference tickets went out today, we're going to be calling all the bishops and stake leaders trying to get tickets to each session. Since we have to stay on temple square all day I might as well see each session live rather than in another building! I am very excited for conference, being a missionary, I feel like I will appreciate it more. The transfer is almost done, only 2 more weeks to go! The first transfer seemed to last forever, this one has just whizzed by me! We found out about some move-ins coming soon, all non-member people moving in with active members. The work will be picking up again this week! After a slow couple of weeks, we're being blessed with more investigators. I know blessings come our way as we do things the Lord's way, and are obedient, no other way will work. I really like a quote by Elder Neal A. Maxwell, "If in the end you have not chosen Jesus Christ, it will not matter what you have chosen." It's true, if we don't do things His way, no other way will work for us. We may think it will, or for the time being things may be alright, but in the long run if we have not chosen the way Christ has told us to go, faith in Him, repentance, baptism by someone who holds the priesthood authority of God, receiving the gift of the holy ghost by that same authority, and enduring to the end and keeping his commandments, nothing else will get bring us true joy and everlasting happiness, and allow us to return and live with our Heavenly Father for all time and eternity.

AHHH what a good day, I'm so happy right now. Things are looking up! Keep the faith everyone, and if you're not a member of the LDS church, talk to the LDS missionaries. Locate them through an LDS friend of yours or online at lds.org, and have missionaries come to your home. They're doing the exact same thing I am, inviting others to come unto Christ, helping them receive the blessings of baptism, and joining the one and only true church of Jesus Christ. What can it hurt? Invite the missionaries over, and find out what it is that people like your friend Scotty Warczak are doing. You'll be surprised with how good you feel when you meet with them and they talk with you about Christ. Ask them about that feeling, and they'll explain to you what it is.

I love you all, thank you for everything! Until next week, and remember...the church is true!
Elder Scotty



No comments:

Post a Comment