Monday, July 11, 2011

Trainer, maybe??

Transfers this Wednesday. Rumor be told, I'm going to be a trainer, staying in my area. But I heard that a few weeks back, so who knows what has gone on since then. Either way, I think Elder Fifita and I will be going our separate ways.

Right now we have three people on date for baptism, but only one of them is solid. Of the two, one is facing cigarettes and right now we are not sure if he has the determination needed to overcome them. The other is a woman we put on date for baptism the first time we met her, she was a referral from the relief society president. She has been coming to church a couple of weeks now, and really enjoys it, as does her three young children. Recently though, she has had some health problems, and talking with her less-active friend that comes to church with her, she is now thinking she may be rushing into the church thing too soon. I really hope all works out with her, a single mother like her needs the gospel in her life.

It's incredible to think that the summer is almost over, after this next transfer I'll be getting ready for October Conference. I recently read over Elder D. Todd Christofferson's article in the special issue of the Ensign regarding Jesus Christ entitled, "Becoming A Witness of Christ". That is what I am studying and working most at becoming right now, a true witness of Christ. To know of Him, to act like Him, to have other see Him when they see me. It's a process, something that will gradually occur over time as I make right decisions everyday. But I have realized that my mission is coming closer to an end than I realize, and I don't want to come off the plane in Sea-Tac still the same old Scotty, if that makes sense? I don't want to come home and do the same things. My life needs to be change for the better, and if a mission can't do that, nothing else I do will.

Take care, and God Bless

Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment