Monday, July 25, 2011

Aloha!


1) Elder Fifita and I rocking the Tongan look

2) Elder Warczak and Kodama!


My new companion, Elder Kodama, is from Hawaii, the good old island of Oahu. We're having a ball of a time. Our first day we of course went downtown to do extreme street contacting, where we just go and talk to EVERYONE downtown. I began the first hour doing the talking and greeting at first, but then I turned it over to him. It was cute to see him try and shake someone's hand but then back out at the last second and just say "hello". HA! Was I like that a year ago? It was great to see him just get thrown into it, I had many good laughs to myself. Since then things have been great. Elder Kodama's door approaches are getting better, I try to build him up and not say anything mean. Again, lots of fun seeing a new missionary talk to a stranger. Right now we have a baptism lined up for the next four weekends, and we're doing a lot of finding. Being a trainer is a good experience for me, it's making me push myself and really step up and bring my "A" game. Trainers spend one or two transfers with their new missionary. So at least another five weeks with him, or it will be three months total. We no longer have a car, we are doing the bike thing! I know, last year I wasn't a huge supporter of the bike, but now I love it. I'm getting tan, and I'm sweating like crazy, goodbye personal food storage! 

Pioneer Day is this next week. The craziest day in Utah. I'm sure we will be going downtown and doing what we did last year, that is passing out many cards and pamphlets and trying to find new people for the mission. It's suppose to be in the 90's all week, I'll be drinking water and spraying my head with sun block like there's no tomorrow.

I love where I'm at right now as a missionary. I feel confident in my teaching, I have no problem talking to people, and I'm having the most joy I think I've ever had so far on my mission. The next 10 months will be the best ones yet. 

Love,

Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment