Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Out In No Man's Land


Yes, I'm still a zone leader. Here in Wyoming, there is no "city" there all small towns. I serve in the biggest one in our zone, Evanston (it has the Wal-Mart!) but the rest of the zone is in the middle of NO WHERE! Lyman, Kemmerer, Green River, Rock Springs, absolutely nothing out in those places. There's a buffalo ranch in the Lyman area, so I get to see them every now and then :) Wyoming is beautiful, with the mountains we have and then the flatness of it, it's really something to awe over. Sorry I don't have pictures, we are emailing first today, and I thought we'd be doing it later. I planned on taking pictures at certain spots and everything today!
 
Yes I live in an apartment. As far as mail goes...letters we have a lock box, but packages? I think they just put them on our doorstep, which should be safe, we are somewhat secluded, and our neighbors are active members. We don't go to Salt Lake City regularly. The next time I'll be there in probably transfers come February 8th. Yes Courtney, please find me aplace to live in Provo, I don't have any plans with firends or mission buddies to room together, so where ever you want me to live I'm down for it! And of course I'm flying home, I have to teach the people on the plane ride! Hahaha!
 
Zone conference was yesterday in Salt Lake. Those are always enjoyable. Our zone is doing somewhat well, no major issues. As for my area we are in good shape for the time being. We have three people on date for baptism right now. A few people want to be baptized, but want to wait for certain situations. One man is dealing with a divorce right now, and the other wants to wait for her husband to become worthy to baptize and confirm her a member of the church. The people out here are amazing, I am going to have many close friends from serving here.
 
As this transfer is winding down, it scary to see the missionaries that are leaving. Many of them I have known my entire mission, and as they leave I become one of the older missionaries. Elder Burkard goes home this transfer, my second companion I spent over 4 months with is leaving me! There's not too many left that have been out longer than my group, there's so many new missionaries that I've given up on trying to figure them out. Especially here in Wyoming with only 14 of us. I'll be here a while, I won't know anybody by the time my mission comes to a close!
 
Things are great, I'm excited for what Wyoming holds in store for me.
 
LOVE,
 
Elder Scotty Warczak

No comments:

Post a Comment