Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Transferred???


Imagine my surprise when I heard that I was being shipped off again. I said it my entire mission, "I don't want to go to Wyoming, especially in the winter time!" Well well....Elder Warczak is now over the Wyoming zone! We cover Evanston, WY and the Coalville, UT area. It's nice being out of Utah, I feel like all the other missionaries in the world now. I have space, we have to drive far to get to places, it's lots of fun. I'll make sure I take pictures, I've just been so lost this week trying to remember names and streets. I'm serving with Elder Willnauer, who I came out with from the MTC. He's one of the best missionaries in the mission, we are both easy going guys that want to work. So far there's no snow, but I'm sure it's on the way. The members here seem amazing, they will definitely help us out.
 
We found some great new investigators this past week. An unmarried couple with a one year old boy and a single man who's had problems with the law in his life. All are incredible. This man has had a rough life, suffering much for his poor decisions. He works now with a good group of LDS men and they have been sharing the Gospel with him. He is the most prepared person I've met on my mission. He may need to wait for baptism due to the legal matters, but he will do whatever he needs to in order to have the blessings Heavenly Father wants for him in his life. We have three young children on date for baptism. All three were set on baptism when I got to the area. From what I see mother, all family member are on board and excited for their kids to be baptized. I know you don't like seeing kids baptized into inactivity, and I'm the same way, I'll make sure that if we teach children, I have the parents on my side and they are willing to get back into activity themselves.
 
Nothing else to report, new year's was good, we played catch phrase at a member's house. The entire mission had a party at the mission office, but since we're so far away here in Wyoming, we weren't allowed to come. I know I know, sad day! Still love being a missionary, 2012 is here, and I have 5 months left, time to kick it into high gear.
 
Love,
 
Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment