Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Prepared People...Finally



My companion and I have seen many trials the past two weeks. No one we were teaching was really sticking with us for more than a lesson or two. It was hard to find them, but even harder to move on and find someone new. This past week we met a man who just moved into the area with his wife. She is a member of the church coming back full swing into activity, and he has been thinking about joining the church himself the past few weeks. We knows it's true, it not only makes perfect sense to him, but he knows the feelings he has about it all come from his Heavenly Father! I am pumped to work with him!
We spoke yesturday in the ward where the "crazy woman" incident took place last week. It was not as eventful, but I'm pretty sure the spirit was there in greater abundance :)
On Saturday the BYU Singers came to Evanston for a concert. It was a refreshing thing to be a part of. I'm used to listening to only Mormon Tabernacle Choir and church hymns, so hearing something new like that was such a treat for me, especially choir music. One of my best friends Laura Turner was in the choir, but she could not be involved with it this semester as she is student teaching right now. I was sad she wasn't there. Ohhhh well.
The sun is shining, and this week I'll be down in Salt Lake for leadership training. That's always a good time. A funny side note, I've written six letters to good friends of mine; three of them are members of the church, three of them are not. I have received three letters back. Can you imagine who they were from? Yup, all three letters were from my non-member friends back in Washington. What did I learn here? That it's official, Mormons are the worst pen-pals :)
LOVE,


Elder Scotty




No comments:

Post a Comment