Monday, March 19, 2012

March Madness


Ya know, the super bowl and college basketball should be time off for
missionaries, trying to catch people home and available is quite
difficult! On Saturday my companion hit the front left side of our car
bumper with the post of our car port. You may be thinking, "Elder
Warczak, weren't you standing behind the car backing him? Why did this
preventable accident occur in the first place?" Listen, I am
completely innocent of this! He was pulling out slowly and straight,
then all of a sudden, he turned the wheel right and the left side came
swinging around in a matter of a second. What could I have done? There
was no time to even mumble off a small cry of warning! He thought he
cleared the post already and made an evasive manuveur that failed. I
was completely and utterly...helpless :)

Our mission president's wife called this morning. She had a question
she has had since the beginning of her and President Winn's mission,
that she knew I would have the answer to. The question was, "How can a
missionary wreck a car, when their companion is behind the car backing
them?!?" Ohhhh gosh. I pleaded my case, my companion even took full
blame in the accident report we filled out for the church. But she
wouldn't believe me! She awarded Elder Herbert and I the "dumbest
companionship of the week" award...an award I gladly accepted, knowing
in my heart I was free of any guilt.

Transfers are this week. I have that gut feeling like I'm leaving to
go to my final area of the mission! It's exciting to know how close I
really am to the end of it,  i have had so much fun and learned so
much. Leadership training last week was different for me. All the
trainings were ones I have had before, multiple times. I looked back
in my study journal during one of them, to find notes from 11 months
ago on the exact same thing!! I felt extremely old, and it was hard to
get much out from the trainings. With so many new missionaries, I
guess we have to go over things again, but boy was it hard for me
hearing them all again for the third time.

We've found some good families this past week, the work will go well
in this area.
I'm counting the days down until conference, because then I'll be able
to wear short sleeve shirts and no suit jacket! HAZAAH!

Keep it real, see you all in 12 weeks and 2 days! Hahaha!

Love,

Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment