Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hello Salt Lake!

Grettings from the mission field! Yeah, I said it...MISSION FIELD!!!!! AHHHHHH!!! Right now I am assigned to the Granger Stake in West Valley City, there's five wards we are over. My trainer is Elder Barnett, he's from Alberta and only has a few months left (This is actually his last transfer!!!) He's great, loves the work and is VERY motivated to finish the mission strongly! The area was white-washed, meaning both missionaries in the area are new to it. Apparantly the Elders before us weren't the greatest with the members, and so we have a lot of work ahead of us. This place sounds like it's ready to burst with missionary work, so we're very enthusiastic about it! The apartment is alright, got some cleaning to do but it works for us (don't worry mom, there's no holes in the wall or rats running around!) So yeah, so far so good. I sent a letter home the day I left the MTC, disregard the piano music I asked about, mission rule is mo-tab only, and then on P-days EFY and hymn renditions are allowed. So I would like EFY music and Paul Cardall's piano music, he does hymns so it's ok. There's a lady hear named Sister Hardy, she and her family treat the missionaries very well! She reminds me oj Jodi Hjelm. Anyways, all is well, excited to be here. Take care!
Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment