Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week #3 "Blueberry Muffin Tops"

Well, I leave tomorrow morning at 6:30 in the morning, and yes, all nine Elders in the district are going up together. The new mission president gets here at the MTC tomorrow and will be up in SLC on the 27th I think. So kind of a bummer, we'll meet the current mission president and be like, "Hey...you're outta here in a week, so ummm nice to meet you?" Ha! I'm super stoked to be leaving, the MTC has been great, BUT I'm sure the mission field will be 10000 times better! I feel ready, I don't know all the scriptures and I don't know everything in the lessons, but I have my testimony and a desire to work, and that's all I need for now, the other things will come in time! I feel like a missionary, I mean I'm not some peter priesthood Elder or anything (We had one of those in our district....he was interesting, to put it nicely) but I don't know. I don't freak out if I don't get mail, in fact I don't even think about it when I go and check mail, I'm surprised if I have anything at all. And when friends write me and tell me what's going on I'm like, "Oh that's nice...Hey Elder Orr we gotta go do that one thing...." I just don't really care about the outside world right now, and it's a great feeling. Now with that said, I HATE KOBE BRYANT AND THE LAKERS!!!!!!!! WHAT THE CRAP BOSTON!?!?!? Gosh, we have an L.A. fan in our district and he was SOOO happy to hear the Lakers won and talked about it all day long! Needless to say it was not the most pleasant day. So other than that, yeah, I feel like a missionary! Laundry, check. Bags packed, check. Ready to get into the mission field and work my butt off for two years......double check! The only thing about the MTC I'll miss, is all the blueberry muffin top cereal I want!!! It's like a blueberry muffin...but in cereal form!!! It's genius! Is it just a Utah thing? I've never heard of it before.. Anyways, glad to hear all is well, I look forward to telling you about my first week in the mission field! Scotty (Ok, so I can't use Enter to space down, so....end of paragraph!) Todd: A large Mariners shirt would be best, I trust you will pick a good one! And you need to keep me posted on Pac-10 stuff, I heard about stuff from other people, did the Texas and Oklahoma schools really join along with Colorado and Utah?!?! I need to know! Joce: Thanks for the package, it was awesome! I ate the cookies anyways, they were delicious! But yeah, the MTC is nothing but crap food, and I'm sure in Salt Lake I'll be fed ALL THE TIME, so yeah no need for packages I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment