Thursday, July 1, 2010

Feeling Hot Hot Hot!!!

whoah, so much to say, so little time. Today we are going to the temple for a family sealing, a family my companion baptized last year in Wyoming. So busy day, but it's gonna be a great one! I spoke in church on Sunday, we had about oh...one day to prepare it! The Elders before us accepted the assignment to talk but forgot to tell us about it! It went well, I was able to whip something quick together. I busted out the cancer card and bore my testimony through tears, the ward we spoke in was full of grandma's, I'm pretty sure they're all in love with me now :)
Ok, now the low down...
First off, I HIGHLY underestimated Salt Lake City. I thought for sure we'd be baptizing like crazy and everyone would love the missionaries and life would be amazing...NOT SO!!! If people aren't LDS already, there's a reason they're not. And if they're inactive..there's a reason they're inactive! And everyone knows the Mormons and had an opinion on them already, so we never meet anyone who's like, "Oh, yeah I just moved here. A Mormon? What's that?" No, people definitely are not what I expected. I was called Satan and the Devil a couple of times already, that's always fun. Even though many people don't like us here, let me tell ya about people who do, Polynesians. Polys freaking love us, let me say that again, POLYS FREAKING LOVE US!!!! They give us money all the time, and you can't say no cause that's super offensive! They always honk and wave and are the kindest people I have talked to yet! (Hey mom, I met a friend of the Aalonas, a guy named Pale Finai, went to high school with them!)
The work is going slow, but it's going. I'm out of my shy and "not-sure what to say" stage, I'm full blown missionary now. I'm excited for this area, I'm excited to start teaching. It's wayyy hot, and I'm getting really tan, but sweat like a pig! HA! It's ok though, I always have a smile on my face. Our new mission president and his wife are super kind, they'll be great! Gotta take off for the temple now, I'm sorry I suck at sending pics, I'll work on that!
To sum it up, it's hot here, the work is really hard but I love it....I am in love with Polys!
Elder Scotty

2 comments:

  1. Scottward I know you won't get this for forever and a day, but oh well! Of course the polys love you because you love the polys! You're a Samoan at heart remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a shy and 'not sure what to say stage?' I would love to see that! You may love the Polys but I'm sure they would consider you a puny Poly. Gain 100 lbs. and then we'll start talking Poly Warczak. I don't get how any non-LDS could not be interested in the church when they meet Cool Elder Scotty. Stay cool bro, Sister Feller

    ReplyDelete