Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Here's a Picture!


To answer some questions:
1) No, we do not have a car. We now have two stakes, the Granger and the West Valley Stakes because that one Elder did go home due to health problems. We just got bikes, and let me tell you...I hate it. I haven't ridden a bike since I was ten, and now we're going down main road, not on the sidewalk mind you, but straight up on the side of the car lane, with cars zooming past us (It's Utah, drivers suck here) so I'm definitely a little concerned...ok, A LOT concerned. Hahaha I'll have to talk to my companions about it, I'm really terrible at riding, and I'm afraid I'll lose control or a car will fly by or honk and I'll lose control and eat it big time!
2) No, we do not cook at all. We have dinners pretty much every day, and for breakfast and lunch it's just cereal, yogurt, fruit, stuff like that.
3) Every month we get $110 on our card
So it's still really hot. We should be having Rico's baptism this Sunday, and then two more next weekend. Sam, our big Tongan, wants to get baptized. He told his Catholic family on Sunday that he's been coming to church and wants to join...his family is now flying out here to Utah...oh boy. This will be pretty interesting, I'm not sure what will go down.
This Saturday, Pioneer Day, all the missionaries are going downtown in the morning to do extreme street contacting, just a competition to see who passes out the most stuff and things like that. Then we get to watch the parade, so if you see a big group of Elders, chances are I'm nearby somewhere!
We're getting a lot of new investigators every week. With the addition of the West Valley Stake, things are blowing up for us. Nothing else, well, I did buy me a Nerf gun. I know, I thought it was dumb at first, but the whole zone does it and I'm tired of getting stuck with a lame-o gun! Haha, so if I'm doing this I'm going to win!
The work is still amazing, other than the sun and the bikes all is well in Zion :) And yes mother I think I'm losing weight. We run in the morning, I don't eat a ton or anything unhealthy, and now with bikes..oh yeah, no way I'm getting fat anytime soon. Elders who get fat are just lazy, it's not that hard to stay or get into good shape.

Take care,
Elder Scotty

The picture is of Elder Barnett and I, with Sam (In the orange shirt) and a kid named Lenny, the nephew of the fellowship family for Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment