Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hey Hey

Hello to my family and friends,

As far as the work goes, things are picking up. We have a new investigator this week, and we are meeting with a few potentials today and tomorrow. Nothing too to exciting, but with President Packer's conference talk we have had a ton of run ins with the anti-mormon and gay communities. Those conversations always bring a smile to my face as we walk away from those people :) And of course a lot of drive-by yells out the window at us like "YOU "BEEP"ing MORMONS!, I"M GAY YAAAAYYY!, STOP HATING US!" It's entertaining.

Yesterday was zone conference, it was wonderful. We were trained on how to use the Book of Mormon more effectively, and how to get our investigators to read from it. The Book of Mormon combined with the spirit is our most powerful conversion tool. If our investigators gain a testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, then they will know that Jesus is the Christ or if they already believe in him their faith in him will grow tremendously, they will know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and they will know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. Many people have tried to prove to me why Joseph Smith is a fraud, they have no idea. (Steph, if you could include a link to Hugh B. Brown's talk "Profile of a Prophet" right here, that would be excellent!) **Sure thing, little brother. HERE it is.** Utah is still a struggle, it doesn't get any easier, but at least the weather is getting cooler!

Right now both of the zone leaders do not have driving privileges. We have in each car in the mission this thing called "tiwi". It's a small white box that's hooked up to the car engine, and when you speed or drive too aggressively it beeps at you and records that violation. The mission office has those records and if you have too many violations, it's no more car for you, at least for 45 days, after that if you lose privileges again, you never drive again on the mission. So right now the rest of us in the zone are going on exchanges with them a lot so that someone can always drive one of them around in their area, which is very large. So right now I kind of have a car...but not really! Hahaha.

The transfer ends November 3rd. I'm secretly hoping I get transferred. If I stay that's fine, I won't be that bummed, but this area I am in is very small, and with the the end of this transfer I will have been here 4 1/2 months, I'm ready for a change. I am hoping we will have some people on date for baptism by next week, it's been a while since we have had a baptism, that needs to change. Health-wise I am doing great, Elder Burkard and I continue to work out every morning and I am trying my best to eat healthy. Time is still flying by, October is already half way over, winter will be here before I know it! It's exciting to be a missionary, and I feel my testimony of the restored gospel and my Savior Jesus Christ growing everyday.

Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment