Saturday, November 13, 2010

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful...

pic #1 - the temple a few weeks back on p-day, so pretty! Salt Lake City, heck of a town
pic #2 - I, Elder Warczak, was awarded this for being the cleanest missionary in the month of October. No one cleans better than me, no one!
pic #3 - One morning a few of us Elders went and pressed apples for our wonderful friends, Brother and Sister Smith. A sweet old couple that does a lot for us. This contraption is a good 100 years old
pic #4 - I was in the kitchen with Sister Smith straining and canning all the juice (I would stay in the kitchen wouldn't I, I'm such a girl!) I totally know how to can things now, so when I get home, if any moms need some assistance...I'm your guy.



Dear family and friends,

I have to be honest, I thought this transfer was going to be a long one. Same area, same companion, it all just sounded so blah to me. Well, this past week blew UP with blessings. We have two people on date for baptism this month, and by the end of the week we should have another 2, 3, maybe even 4 people! I won't tell all of the stories yet, I'd hate to type all these wonderful things about these people we have met, and then next week write saying, "Yeah, about that....false alarm." So I will contain my excitement and unleash it next time, if that's the case.

The snow is here, and it has been pretty cold walking around at night. I could bundle up with all my sweet missionary gear, but I hate walking into a home and having to take it all off and then putting all back on. The jacket and some gloves will do it for me. And when it gets colder I'll rock the scarf, cause that's the kind of missionary I am.

Utah losing last week really put a damper on the work for a day or two. Everyone we talked to was uninterested, and each person we asked what was a trial in their life right now, the answer was always to this effect; "My (beep) Utes blew it, that's what!" Yay for BYU though, too bad NO cougars live here in West Valley. Either you're a Ute, or a Mexican!

My companion is turning around. He is trying a lot more and together we are seeing the results of being obedient and diligent missionaries.

My zone leaders gave me the calling of "the voice" of the zone. When a companionship puts someone on date for baptism, they call me and then I send out a mass voice message to the zone, informing them of another investigator set for baptism. But of course I don't just "call" everyone, no no no, I'm Scotty Warczak, I do everything big. I rewrite songs and scenes from movies and they are AWESOME! So far I have done songs to the theme song from beauty and the beast, N'SYNC "dirty pop", Backstreetboys "I want it that way", and my movie scenes have included Talladegga Nights and Hot Rod. Our zone is doing well, our zone leaders called the rest of the zone leaders in the mission out, and promised that no one would beat Granger zone this month. Our goal is 37 baptisms, I think we will be able to do it. My district is on fire, everyone has people on date for baptism. The other district is struggling, but I pray that they will get their acts together. We shall see.
That is the update for this week, I hope in the next week or two I will be able to tell you of more people solid for baptism. I'm pumped, this is what it's all about. President Winn told our companionship to "destroy it" this transfer, and that's exactly what we're doing. I love this work, I love the people around me, and I love the Lord.

Love,
Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment