Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My First Thanksgiving!

Wow, Thanksgiving, my first one on the mission. We have three dinners lined up. (When you've been in the same small stake for 6 months, you make friends with a lot of people! We're like celebrities here in the Granger Stake.) We are eating with the Smith, Mackay, and Bangerter families. The first dinner is at noon, then one, and finally five. We also are playing in the turkey bowl games in our stake and the West Valley stake in the morning. It's gonna be COLD! But people have been talking trash to all the missionaries, especially the punk high school kids. I'm not a very competitive person by nature, I like to keep things fun, but tomorrow....it's on! Don't worry mom, I'm not gonna superman dive into the snow to catch a ball and break my leg... although that would look awesome! I'll be safe.
The storm was intense last night. Of course the only thing our mission leaders said last night was, "There's a storm coming, be careful." So Elder Burkard and I walked around last night, in a BLIZZARD! I kept a smile on my face, but really, "be careful" that's it? Crazy, we should have been inside.
We have a baptism this weekend. A woman we have been teaching for a while. She has two younger daughters that have been coming to lessons with her. They're not as interested as the mom, but they are kids, I wasn't very interested in religion when I was their age. Our plan is to take them all to temple square next week with the lights, and hopefully that will get the girls excited.
I'm happy to be getting into December, I feel like the month will just whiz on by! Transfers on the 15th will be nice, as long as it's not to Wyoming, I'll freeze there. Thanks for all the support and love coming my way. Take care and hope all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment