Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Done With My First Area...I think?!





**out of order, sorry**

Pics: (These were at the Bangerter's dinner)
1) There were three different glasses at Thanksgiving. I never knew one could have so many at once before!
2) Name tags too?!? Fancy fancy
3 & 4) In tribute to my little sister Courtney, the master of taking pictures of herself.
5) The beautiful snow that made walking even more enjoyable for me...NOT!


My family and friends,

Indeed the past week has been one full of miracles, after all it is the Christmas season, so of course I am not surprised by this. It is true, the ankle of my companion has slowed things down at times, but we continue to push forward. Yesterday we received two stellar referrals. We also met a man named Marco in a parking lot two days ago, who has been searching for the truth and Christ. He has been to other churches, but his search was in vain. He feels that only our church can offer him that, and he wants to join!

H-A-L-L-E-L-U-J-A-H!!! Am I sad I may not be here to see these baptisms go through if they do? Not terribly, no. I will carry this momentum on to wherever I may go. On that note, I have been hearing rumors about me staying another transfer. President Winn wants to keep missionaries in areas longer and there have been a few cases of some Elders staying in one area for over 6 months. For some crazy reason, if I did stay, I know the Lord would have a reason for doing so.

Our steady investigators our doing well. "M" is striving to do what is right. It is hard right now for him. He still has no job and it is bringing a load of stress on him. Being a parent and having Christmas on the way, I'd be terrified too if I didn't have work! He knows it's true and has that desire to be baptized. His last real hurdle is smoking. He is doing well on it and I pray that he will be able to kick the habit. If I leave I am for sure coming back to see him baptized, I wouldn't miss that for anything! His family has become some of my favorite people here in West Valley.

Tonight we are taking "S" and her daughters to temple square, I hope the lights and the spirit there will spark interest in the daughters. We are going again to temple square tomorrow night with the "K" family, a single mom with three children. They are a wonderful family. The mom has had a troubled past involving crime and jail time. She has changed her life around and what's to start over. Her children see the life that she has had and they don't want to do those same things as she did. The mom may be on parole, we do not know yet, but if she is I hope we can baptize her children and have her follow suit after her parole is up. They seem prepared for the gospel of Jesus Christ.

This Sunday we are having a special stake conference. It's rather intriguing to think about. Our stake president is saying Elder Franco, the area seventy is speaking. The West Valley Stake, who is having their special stake conference right after ours, is telling us otherwise. The stake president there told the missionaries that an apostle was speaking, and so we better make sure we are there. The suspense is killing me. Haha not really, a general authority is a general authority, I don't need to meet the top dogs of the church, doesn't change my testimony one bit. A cool experience it would be, yes, but I don't need it. I will make sure to tell you all about it next week.

That's what's going on in the SLC mission this week for Elder Warczak. Sister Winn has a blog she keeps, mamawinnsplace.blogspot.com She takes a lot of pictures of mission gatherings and conferences. If you want to see what the entire mission is up to, I'd check her blog out. Who knows, you might see a picture of yours truly every now and then! I love all of you, my family and friends. I know prayers are coming my way everyday, and I make sure to return the favor to all of you in my prayers too!

Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment