Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Transfers...how Glorious!

SOOOOOO big news! Elder Warczak has finally left West Valley and the
Granger Stake....HUZZAH! Six months, whew, what a long time. I am glad
to be leaving too. This week at around eight in the morning, during
our study, a man was stabbed right outside of our apartment building
in the grassy area. Ten cop cars, a firetruck, ambulance, blood all
around, it was a splendid sight to see. Officers came up and talked to
us about what we heard and saw, but sadly we couldn't tell them
anything. We heard sirens and looked out out window and all the
vehicles were there. I guess we were carried away in the spirit during
our studying :)

But now the question on everyone's lips. "Where is Scotty at?!?" Get
ready for this...I am now serving with Elder Clerveu
in....the Nepal program! Yup, I will be working with refugees from the
country of Nepal! My area is the entire valley. Where
ever there are Nepal people, we're there! AWESOME! I'm so stoked right
now, my new companion seems amazing. Everyone who knows him says he is
a really good missionary. He came out the transfer or two after I got
here in the mission, so we are both fairly fresh missionaries. I'll
find out more info on him for next week, like where he's from, how
have I not figured that out yet?!? Our apartment is closer to SLC, we
live on 1905 S. The rest of our zone is around the avenues,
university, and other parts of the city! My guess is that I will be
here for a few transfers, they don't put you in a program only to take
you out of it six weeks later. We have translators available to us,
but I get to start learning Nepali during language study in the
morning. Hopefully I can get to the point where I can have a basic
conversation in Nepali. So yeah, that's the news. I miss Granger,
wonderful people there, but I was ready for change. I will send
pictures next week for sure as well. Until next time.

Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment