Monday, January 24, 2011

Fun Week!

Hello everyone!
 
Transfers are this week, ridiculous! By the end of this next transfer, conference will be just weeks away! The work is going well here in south salt lake. We have two more Nepali people committed for baptism on February 5th, they are the parents of the first two kids we baptized. We also have the "H" boys on date for the 26th of February, that one my friends, will be the baptisms of the year! It's a great story, the "H" family, I'll share details with you all as the end of February approaches! I hope my companion stays with me one more transfer. Getting to know someone new gets tiring after a while, I just want to serve with people I already know from here on out!
 
In other news, my basketball skills are getting terrific! We play this three-point shooting game on p-day and I make it rain with the hoop all...day...long! As far as "playing basketball" well, I'm still a short white kid, I just run around and try not to look stupid. I have learned that the overall moral of salt lake is greatly altered by the success, or the suckiness, of salt lake sports. Right now the jazz have lost four games in a row. What does this mean for me? Bad time to contact a white person referral, that's what. I don't know why people here in Utah are obsessed with their sports, but they are. Likewise, when the jazz are doing great, EVERYONE will talk to us! I can't figure it out, this is the best explanation I have. Also, I am learning which areas to avoid as a missionary. Sugar house and the east side....very interesting places. Sugar House especially, the people there just glare at us when we walk into a store, or when we are walking around the apartments there. But that is a large gay and liberal community, so that's an easy one to figure out :)
 
That's all for me. I need to run and take my suits to the dry cleaner and get all the Nepali curry smell out of them! Take care everyone, and hope to hear from you all and see how you are doing!
 
Love,
 
Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment