Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One More Month of Summer as Elder Warczak

August 1st, my second summer in the field coming to a close. It will be nice to leave behind the sweaty shirts and hot sun, but it's sad thinking I'm on the final lap of the mission, only one more of everything. The work is going steady. Two weeks ago we baptized Jeremy, and then this past Saturday was Mike's baptism, the tall man with the three of us elders. We have another baptism this week for a woman named Vicky.


The bike is still enjoyable for me, I'm down to 184 lbs, about a 6 pound loss since the beginning of the transfer. I'm getting really dark, especially the arms. We have investigators in the Cambodian branch now. We went to temple square last night with a woman named Sochan. We brought a translator and she had a remarkable time, she wants to get baptized. Training is a fun calling. I'm not a "touchy-feely" person, so having someone follow me like a puppy gets me a little claustrophobic, but other than that it's good!

Pioneer day was enjoyable. President Monson opened the parade, it was nice seeing him and getting a wave from him when he saw groups of us missionaries. I loved the Utah bagpipe club, Scotland the Brave blaring throughout downtown Salt Lake, love it! My favorite is Mama's Temple Church Choir, they've been in the parade for a couple of years now, I remember them when I was in the parade myself a few years back. They get me so pumped, singing songs like, "Ya know make me wanna SHOUT, kick my heels up and SHOUT, come on now!!!" I can see why people go to church's like that, they're dang good at entertaining. But I'll stick with the restored gospel.

I drew this "Defenders of Zion" picture at the end of last transfer, a little bit of it here, a little here. I'm a nerd, I know, but you have to admit it pretty cool! At the temple last week, Elder Tad R. Callister, who was just called to serve in the presidency of the seventy and is the author of The Infinite Atonement, was in our session. Salt Lake City, what a place to be! Today elders in our zone were at Dick's sporting store at the gateway mall downtown, and ran into President Eyring and visited with him for a few minutes. Best mission in the world!

Pray I continue to lose weight, and I hope all of you have a glorious week!

Love,

Elder Scotty






1 comment:

  1. Dear Elder Warczak,
    you aren't getting pretty dark, you are getting sun burned!!!
    Love,
    The Taggarts

    ReplyDelete