Monday, February 27, 2012

Wyoming Zone = Domination Zone!


Right now our zone has about 30 people on date for baptism. With only
14 of us missionaries out here, that's not bad! Everyone in the zone
is fairly young compared to me in age and also time in the mission
field. I have been out nearly 6 months longer than my companion.
There's one other elder who's been out about that time, and another
who just hit a year. The rest of the bunch has been out 6 months or
less. It's a great zone. All of us are pumped and excited to work
hard, we want to be on top of the mission! The record for baptisms in
a month in the Wyoming zone is 32, we can beat it!

We received some good phone calls this week. A woman wants to meet
with us. Her husband is a member but not active. They used to always
feed the missionaries, and enjoyed their company. I guess some things
have happened recently, and this woman is now ready to investigate the
church. Another fellow we met with is praying for when he should be
baptized. He knows it's what he needs to do though. He is a very
interesting guy, so he may take some time to work with.

We are meeting many more of the members. I've met a few more that I
know will become life long buds of mine.

This Thursday we are going to be teaching seminary. We will be
discussing 1st Kings chapter 17-22, good old Elijah! The other elders
here in Evanston will be teaching the other few classes, their
assignment is a little more challenging, they got people like Josiah
and Hezekiah to discuss with the classes and what all went on during
that time.

March is here, conference right around the corner! In church they
announced that tickets were available, which caught me off guard.
Since this is my last one as a missioanry, I will be getting a few
pair of tickets for down front in the plaza, right where the church
leaders come out from the back :)

I've decided I'm going to get boots. Everyone here wears them, and
they look amazing. And they're extremely comfortable! I'm not sure
when, I'll have to save up some money, but when I get them, watch out!

Love,

Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment