Sunday, August 1, 2010

Another Amazing Week

This past week was the best of the mission. So much happened, I'll try to cover everything:
Pioneer day was a blast, we had a competition, each zone in Salt Lake was given a street assignment to cover during the parade, and we had to pass out as many things as possible, like pass along cards, DVDs, Books of Mormon, etc. We also had to teach lessons and get referrals. Giving stuff out and teaching got you points, and man, my zone dominated! We won dinner at the mission home that night. The parade itself was good, we were at the beginning of the parade, and we were right on the side of the street when President Uchtdorf and his wife rode by to start the parade. We got a good look at us, and he gave The three Elders I was with and I a big thumbs up! It...was....AWESOME!
The biggest news of the week, was Rico's baptism!!! It was definitely the best part of my mission so far. The baptism was beautiful, he had a lot of family and friend support there, as well as support from the ward. He was so happy, I couldn't stop looking at him. So to answer your questions Dad, the best part of the mission, is for sure baptizing, but not just baptizing, but seeing the joy in a person's face when they are baptized and become the newest member of the church. I'll never forget it, I made Rico promise that I'll see him at the temple in a year, so hopefully I'll get to write about that next Summer when he's sealed to his soon to be wife.
The weather is still really hot, and the bike thing....I still hate bikes with a passion. Hahaha, my first day on the bike i BIFFED it, riding up from the street onto the sidewalk, there was a bump and I didn't take a sharp enough angle, so my tire rode up against the bump and got caught, and I went tumbling down! I did a pretty sweet flip, I'm sure it looked cool. I didn't get hurt either, I just laughed as I cursed the contraption that caused the fall!
Take care,
Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment