Saturday, February 26, 2011

Baptisms and Tongans

Hello everyone,
Another great week, we had two baptisms this weekend, a married couple. This weekend is going to even better. Friday night we are having eight Nepalis baptized! The eight are made up of two brother's families. The younger brother and his family were put on date for baptism last week, and this other family was put on last night. In January, the two older girls we baptized, this second family is the rest of their family. Truly amazing.
This Saturday we also have the four "H" boys getting baptized. They are wonderful boys. About a year ago, circumstances that arose in life had "humbled" the family, and they moved into our area. The parents were not active, but the father started coming back to church and greatly desired to become active again, because, as he expressed, "It always felt like something was missing." His boys came into the church full force. They are involved in scouts, young mens, church basketball, you name it they're in it! They cannot wait to pass the sacrament and be baptized. The mom is still not interested in coming back to church, but I have faith she will soon, when she sees her husband baptize her boys, she'll feel the spirit.
The snow this week was fun. We came home the night of the storm and got inside. In case I haven't mentioned it, a pair of spanish elders live in the apartment below us, and a pair of tongan elders live next door to us. I heard a crash at the window, and saw that Elder Tupou had thrown a snowball. It was war. Elder Clerveau and I got dressed and ran out and started a huge snowball fight with the Tongans. Soon the spanish speaking elders came home, and they didn't stand a chance. We got them involved and soon six of us missionaries are running around on the street and everywhere else engaged in a heated battle. I love having the Tongans next to us, they make things so much fun!
I can't wait to get back to work, P-day has become somewhat of a drag for me. I'm so excited to see what other miracles will take place, and I know they are coming. I'm so continuing this success into March, this is what being a missionary is all about. I can't wait to tell you all about this weekend, and I'll make sure pictures get sent!
Love,
Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment