Monday, February 14, 2011

Baptisms Everywhere I Look

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!! Just another day for me, my valentine is missionary work, how I love it so! That and Taylor Swift, but she doesn't know I exist, so I can't really claim her! HA! My deepest apologies for no email last week, I sent it I swear. I received a message today that said an error occurred, and the email did not go through. Lame, it said it did. Oh well, what cha gonna do?
 
This past weekend we had two baptisms, a married couple who are both 24, they have an 8 year old son. They were married when they were 16. Crazy, I know, gotta love Nepali people. We have 2 more for this weekend, the 19th. Tula and his wife. Tula was some work, he was baptized Christian in Nepal, and didn't see why he had to be baptized again. We taught him and told him to pray to know if the LDS church was true and promised him an answer. The next night he told us of the dream he had. It's very touching, I won't go into it, but he received his answer and knows the church is true. After them we have 7 on date for the 26th, our three "H" boys and a Nepali family of four. So as of right now, if all goes well, we will have 18 baptisms this month. There was a family of 6 earlier in the month that contributed to the 19 on date, but they will not get baptized at this time. Three in the family want to be baptized, but the man of the house said no, "either all of us do it together, or no one does it." It's sad, we know of seven people that want to be baptized in various families, but the head of the home won't give permission for that same reason, it's "all or nothing." I knew we could baptize every week this month, so when this particular family and others we hoped for didn't come through,  I wasn't worried about it. I knew I had faith, and if I worked hard, Heavenly Father would deliver and prepare people for us.
 
Last week I wrote about how a coordinator from the MTC was coming up to spend the day with us and see how the new missionary lessons were working out. His name was Brother Snyder. Very nice guy, we had a lot of fun with him. That night I discovered one of my new favorite places in Salt Lake, Moochies. It's this bomb sandwich shop on 800 south that has the best philly cheese steak sandwich. It was even featured on the food network, with that man with the bleached hair, Guy, on his show. It was voted best sub in Utah, so yeah, check it out, it's to die for.
 
Back to missionary things, the Lord is really blessing us with the Nepali people. We have others that look promising, and we hope to continue baptizing every weekend into March. I have really gone through a transformation so far this month. My attitude is much more positive, and I don't just believe that miracles can happen, now I know that they can happen, and that they are an everyday occurrence. Salt Lake has been the perfect place for me, I envision who it is I want to become, and I feel myself becoming that person.
 
I thank everyone for letters I receive, especially Sarah Porter, my new best friend! She's the only one down at BYU that talks to me, everyone else has moved on without Scotty Warczak. She's even married, pregnant, and working, and still finds time to write me a quick letter and keep me posted on her and her husband's life. So a shout out to you, Sarah Porter, thanks for being awesome!
 
I love you all,
 
Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment