Monday, February 14, 2011

Last Week's Letter

Wow, a great week for us. We had seven baptisms this past Saturday, a family of five, and another couple - the parents of the teens we baptized a month ago. We are hoping to have two more this Friday, maybe three, the couple's son may or may not be eight yet, so we're getting to the bottom of it. So as of right now, we have five or six people on date for baptism this month. A family of six fell off date, they weren't ready yet, but that's alright, my faith has been strengthened greatly in the past couple of weeks, I know others will take their place. Our goal is twenty baptisms this month. we have had I think some solid new investigators this week, and i know if I do my best and believe that our goal will be achieved!
 
Get this. We received a call from the assistants today. The MTC is sending someone up this Friday to spend the entire day with us and record everything we do. The success we have been having has become somewhat a big topic of discussion amongst the mission, especially with President Winn. The MTC wants to see what we are doing to have the numbers we are having. Cool huh!?! I hope we don't disappoint, we're really not doing anything outstanding, we're just being obedient and working hard. I'm excited for this, I'm going to work even harder these next couple of days to make sure Friday is a great day. We'll have more people on date by then, I have no doubt.
 
Everything else has been normal, I'm loving what I'm doing. With baptisms every week, February is just flying by. I definitely want to continue this. I'm excited for this transfer to be over, soon spring will be here and I'll be hitting the pavement without a suit jacket on! Then things will really take off! Elder Warczak, street warrior of righteousness!
 
Thanks for those of you who read my blog and keep me in your prayers, I feel the much needed strength to do this work everyday, and I know it's because of all the prayers being offered for me. I love you all, can't wait to tell you how this week goes!
 
Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment