Monday, February 28, 2011

So February has come to an end. We had 22 baptisms and 19 confirmations, the three "H" boys will be confirmed next week, they had a family emergency that took them away this Sunday. Friday and Saturday were the best days this week. Earlier last week, the same woman from the conference center that called us for the tithing video called again, and she wanted to come out and film Elder Clerveau and I for a few hours, doing "missionary work". On Friday she and a camera crew came and spent a few hours with us. It started off going around to Nepali people and inviting them to the Nepali baptisms later that night. After a few of those is when we turned into models. The camera man had us walk down the sidewalk, then stand and smile with the mountains behind us, and a bunch of "action" shots like that, and then they asked us to take them to a nearby park, where we did more posing and staged missionary work. They said that stuff is for what they B-role, images and footage that go into church archives, and when the church makes a film, they can pull a bunch of things from this archives and use it. With the tithing video they wanted a couple of shots of us to inject into our interviews. I had a good time doing it, but I definitely don't expect to see myself in a video or magazine soon. Sure, maybe elder Clerveau, he's black, but me, I'm the white bald-headed missionary! HAHAHA!!! I think they would get someone a little better looking than that for a cover or a movie! I kept laughing to myself about that idea as the camera man would say, "Alright look back to me, now look back to the mountains, look like you're pondering something, now back to me..."
 
Friday night was special. We had eight Nepalis baptized, and the service was well attended. We had a temple square sister come, Sister Khadgi from Nepal, who helped us with giving tours to our investigators, and she brought a van full of other sisters, I think eight total! There were five brothers who performed the baptisms. Myself, Elder Clerveau, Bishop, our translator, and one of our recent converts. It was awesome seeing him baptize, I hope to have many other of our Nepali brethren receive that opportunity.
Saturday the "H" boys were baptized, another wonderful experience to be a part of. I invited President and Sister Winn to the baptism, and they were able to attend. Seeing the dad baptize his sons was really touching, I shed a few tears.
Right now we don't have any other baptisms lined up, which shouldn't be a surprise, we had 22 of them this month! But I know we can continue having this kind if success, the Lord wants more baptized, and I know if I have faith and continue to work hard, those baptisms will happen.
Another great eat discovered! On state street, right by the court houses, is the restaurant Himalayan Kitchen, straight up Nepali food, but OH so good!!!! We went there after the baptisms Friday with our two main translators, and the place was packed with white people!!! You know it's legit if white people like it!
 
I'm continuing to have the time of my life, things that use to matter don't anymore to me. I heard BYU beat San Diego St. Awesome, but at the time I was only concerned with getting the "H"'s ready for their baptism, and that was a great feeling putting what really mattered as the top priority! March is my district's "FFC: Fit For Conference" month, so hopefully I will look good for those of you that will be there in four weeks! Hey Mom, I love the care packages, but no more chocolate turtles and gardhettos, those are my weaknesses! :)
 
Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment