Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Conference, WOW!


General Conference this past weekend was superb, I learned a great deal. I only started losing focus during Elder Hoyos, but he was hard to understand anyways! My favorite talks were by Elder Oaks discussing desires, Elder Scott talking about his wife (HOW much longer until I'm done with my mission!?! I gotta get married and have a wife like that! Hahaha!) And of course Elder Christofferson just throwing it down, and how we ARE commanded to be perfect! Give it to us straight D. Todd! I saw my roommate last year, Brandon Robertson! How I love him so! I saw a few random people here and there, mainly in passing by them. I'm sure others were around, but I was more concerned with when the next session of conference was starting.
 
Yesterday was also zone conference, so I'm just "conferenced" out, my brain is running on nothing! Yesterday we sung happy birthday to the elders and sisters with birthdays occurring before next zone conference, which is in July. Is my birthday really in 5 weeks? We have found many new Nepali people, I am confident much good will come from these new blessings. I'm still thrilled to teach people about Christ, especially people who have never heard about Christ! I'm still working on teaching simply who Christ was and why He is so important to someone who isn't even christian, but it's exciting, nonetheless.
 
I did hear about the newly discovered ancient records found on metal plates, but thanks for the link anyways dad, saved me some time looking it up! How awesome is that. Hard evidence and facts won't convert anyone to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, only the spirit can do that, but still, it surpasses all my understanding how there are men and women out there that will still declare that Joseph Smith was a fraud, and his story of "records written on gold plates" and bound by metal rings is nothing but fictional. Oh well, Christ raised the dead and healed the afflicted on countless occasions in front of others, and the people still crucified Him. I'm reminded of the account in the New Testament, where Christ heals the withered hand of a man on the Sabbath, and after witnessing it the pharisees counseled how they might destroy Him. Proof does nothing, evidence holds no weight, only the testimony from the Holy Ghost will be the conversion factor for someone. With that said, it is like a fresh breath of air to have artifacts like these new records come forth, and give even more strength to the prophet Joseph Smith and his divinely appointed calling to bring about the restoration of the true church of Jesus Christ.
 
I hope everyone who reads this had a chance to watch conference, and if not, will take the time to view the talks again online at the church website. I'm comforted in knowing I have a living prophet on the earth, and the quorum of the twelve apostles, to lead the church of Christ. So begins another 6 month waiting period until October conference, which I'm sure will arrive as promptly and quickly as this one did.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment