Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Easter!


The week has been a slow one. Our translator, Vishma, hasn't been available to us this past week much. And when I say not available, I mean, he didn't feel like coming out with us at all! Hahaha oh man it was a hoot trying to teach lessons this week, I did a ton of singing and dancing, just to make the Nepali people laugh! MY companion's a stiff guy, so it was just me, but that's fine with me,  don't share the dance floor with anyone!
This Sunday I'm not sure what my plans will be. I could be here or I could be somewhere else, pray it's not Wyoming! I'm not a cowboy, I hear it's a great place to serve, but I just don't have it in me!
I really love my district, it'll be sad if I leave. On Thursday for lunch, in between district meeting and weekly planning, I had bought pizza supplies, and we made pizzas in the church kitchen. The rain here is coming down hard, I need May to be here! My birthday is just a couple of weeks away. Birthday wishes....none really, sunshine and a companion that wants to run in the morning! And of course more people to teach the restored gospel to!
We had a real blessing this Sunday. As I've expressed in past emails, the ride situation and getting Nepali to church has been driving me insane. Well, the Haven Ward has recently been assigned new service missionaries, Elder and Sister Hill. They have been asking Bishop for Nepali families they can be assigned to, but Bishop hasn't had any to assign. With our new Nepali families that are desiring to come to church regularly, Bishop assigned the Hills to them. They said they could help with rides, and when I asked them how many they could fit in their cars my mouth dropped. "We have an eight passenger car, and also another that can fit four." YES!!!!! I can get twelve more Nepali to church every Sunday, huzzah!!!! Watch, I'm going to get transferred out now, haha whatever happens with me in irrelevant, I'm just excited that now more Nepali people can be helped. We have five baptisms for this weekend. The "S" family of four are getting baptized with another Nepali family that live in the south mission. The two families are two brothers, so they want to do it together. The baptism will be in the south mission, so we'll get to go to that. Cool huh, how many missionaries get to go into another mission and have baptisms?!? The other baptism is a woman that has been coming to the Haven ward on and off for a year. She is the apartment manager for South Parc, a place where a ton of refugees live. She knows the Bishop very well and many of the ward members that live in South Parc. She told Bishop she wanted to be baptized before Easter, and so we're going to be teaching her everyday this week and hopefully she'll be ready for Saturday! She's a great woman, I helped Bishop give her a blessing a few months back, I think she's ready!
With Easter, remember our Savior and all He did and continues to do for us. Jesus Christ lives, and He is at the head of this church and work that I am a part of!
 
Love,
Elder Scotty Warczak

No comments:

Post a Comment