Monday, May 2, 2011



Pictures:
1) Not too many Elders get to baptize with missionaries from another mission! The two making an "S" sign, and the Tongan, are serving in the south mission. 
2) Seven Nepali were baptized last weekend, I taught four of them, the other three were taught in the South mission. The two men are brothers, so they wanted to get baptized together.

Transferred! I'm now serving in the Granger North Stake, which is right next to the Granger Stake! I just can't get away from this area! Hahaha it's cool. I'm now serving with Elder Christiansen, from Stafford Virginia. We live with members, the top level of their home is all ours. There are two big bedrooms, we are in one, and our zone leaders are in the other. We share a kitchen and workout room, each bedroom has it's own bathroom. It's fun to have them with us. I'll send pictures next week (I can send pictures again, YES!!!) 
I have a lot of work to do in this area. Not that it's in bad shape, but with me being the senior companion, and not knowing the area or anyone, I really need to get on top of it fast. My companion is well...yeah. The past week's been rough. I've had to depend on him to know who to see and where to go, and he's like a deer in the headlights! I know we'll make it happen, I'll help him out as much as I can, and I'll learn what I need to learn from him. Easter was nice. In the evening we went to temple square with a man named Michael. He and his family are from the Islands of Yap....yeah I know, where the heck is that!? It's part of Micronesia. Very cool man, his wife is a member of the church, and he has good feelings about it.
Not too much to say, a new area will do that to you. As I learn more about our investigators and the area I'll have more exciting things to share. I'm sad I left Nepali, I love those dang people! I did not expect to get transferred, I was actually mad about it. I was afraid the area would die down, but a really solid missionary is now there with my former companion, so I can breathe and know that all will be well. Take care everyone!

Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment