Monday, August 22, 2011

Another Transfer in Granger

President Winn called me and told me I'll be a district leader. The district leader now is going to be a zone leader, so I'm assuming I'll be back as district leader in this area. I really like the stake, the members are terrific, so another 6 month area, that's cool. "How long you been on your mission? Almost 17 months. Oh, where have you served? Only three areas!" HA! Oh man, after this President will need to bounce me around a little bit more, I need to learn this city, and so far all I know is West Valley!

Conference tickets have been given out. So all you who will be around for it, come and see me!

This last week was busy, we taught 28 other lessons. All from door knocking and street contacting. We need new investigators. One cool experience we had. We had no plans late one afternoon. We prayed to know where to go or who we needed to see. I pulled out my map and one street jumped out at me, Baty Drive. I didn't say anything, I really wanted Elder Kodama to have the same impression. So we sat in the car for nearly 10 minutes. I could tell he had no clue, but I sat there and waited patiently. Finally he said, the Granger 15th ward, which is where Baty Drive is, but he still didn't know which street or why that ward.  We drove over there and parked at the chapel. Again, 10 minutes of silence as he studied the map. When he spoke he said he felt good about Baty Drive. CONFIRMATION! I told him that's the only street I noticed on the map, and I could tell he was pretty excited about it. We went to it and taught five lessons in one hour to people on Baty. We didn't get any new investigators, but it was an amazing afternoon to be able to share our testimonies with others and to give them the Book of Mormon. I hope it was a good experience for Elder Kodama, he needs more of those to build his confidence.



Other than that all is well. Still doing great at being healthy, I'm sitting at 179 right now. 170 here I come!

Love,

Elder Scotty

1 comment:

  1. Ok Scotty. This is where I break it. The silence from the long lost best friend will be forever broken. It's not that I don't like you or lost interest in you. I just got busy. But friends are more important than that so I'm sorry. So I didn't realize you had this blog. I have a confession, another reason why I didn't write is because I'm cheap and stamps cost money. But now that I know this is here then prepare for something everyweek from here on out. Thats not a hollow promise either.

    I love reading your experiences. Only someone like you can have the faith to teach a companion how to have faith. I know I would have said something right off the bat, but you know me, I talk to much. That's really cool how that happened. Way to be so inspired.

    Keep working hard Elder. I won't be lame anymore. That's a promise. Have a good week!

    -Pete

    ReplyDelete