Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Someone Turn off the Sun, Please!

Ok, this week was ridiculously, can't even laugh about it, HOT! Even with a car, getting out of it was like opening the oven, a wave of heat would hit me. Since we live on the top level of the home we're at, nights are tough too with the heat, no blankets for me!

Yesterday we talked in two of the wards here in Granger North. I love speaking, absolutely love it. Elder Gene R. Cook talks about not preparing a formal talk to give, but rather preparing beforehand and then saying whatever the spirit wants to say through you. I'm trying that more and more and I'm getting better at just speaking from the heart, using only scriptures. The area is doing good. We have good referrals coming our way and I know one or two of them will turn into something solid. It would be excellent to leave this area with a few more baptisms and more on date for the weeks to come. 

My district will be interesting. The rest of my district, three companionship's, live in the Wells Stake, which is on state street and going east. Here in Granger North, I'm past 3000 West. Oh boy. It will be difficult to check up on them being far away, hopefully they all behave well enough :) The district is chill, Tongans, a Samoan, an elder going home this transfer, a fellow white boy from Florida, and two fairly fresh ones (my companion included). We'll have fun.

Last night as we were knocking on doors, I ran into a couple that I taught over a year ago in Granger Stake! It was so funny when we looked at each other and did the whole, "How do I know you" stare! They're so not interested still, but I wasn't too bother, I gave them our number and told them the time to church on Sunday. Yeah, I'm getting to be one of the older missionaries.

There is an amazing couple in the stake, the Flitton's. They are my parent's twins, I kid you not! Their definitely the missionary parents here, and every time I speak with them it feels like I'm talking to good old mom and dad. Sister Flitton is a school teacher and is very VERY loud and talkative. Brother Flitton is very chill and easy going, and has a sweet work shop, where he builds all sorts of things. It's terriffic. SO after the mission, I'll have to introduce my real parents to the "dimension X' parents of mine, that will be a sight to see!

The morning has been fun, we had to take an elder to the DMV at the fairgrounds, and that was over by 9:30, so we went to breakfast at the Nauvoo Cafe at Temple Square. I sat and looked up at the temple, how magnificent the Salt Lake Temple is! Only another month until conference! We're plucking away at people and names, I pray next week I'll have new investigators on date to tell you about. Thank you for all the prayers, I definitely can feel them during those tough days and hours. I love you all and thanks for the letters Laura, Dani (not Pete), Court, and Hjelm family, letters will follow!

Love,

Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment