Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Quick Email

I'm serving now in the West zone as zone leader with Elder Byrd, who is from Mississippi. He is the former assistant to President Winn, and has only two transfers left in his mission. Intimidated by serving with the former assistant...definitely. I know this will be the best transfer of my mission, we get along great and I know I'll learn tons from him. We serve over the YSA (Young Single Adults) Taylorsville Stake, which covers a huge area. Right now President Winn is working on getting us the whole stake, because currently the stake straddles our mission and the south salt lake mission, so we may be picking up a few more wards down into Taylorsville. How I love going into the south mission!

Being a zone leader is humbling, to say the least. I didn't expect to be called to this position, I didn't expect to leave Tooele. I hope I can do a good job, I've seen zone leaders in the past that I haven't been fond of, and I really hope I don't become like them. I just want to help other missionaries and have them know that I love them, I do not want to become an overbearing leader that those I serve don't trust. Our baptism goal for the mission is 3,000 for the year, right now were a little  under 2,400. President Winn still knows we can do it, I know we can, but man, did he have to make me a zone leader at this time of the year! HA! The pressure's on!

Sorry no pictures, I haven't even unpacked my belongings, I'm still digging into suit cases every morning for things. There's just no down time, ever. Serving with YSA is going to be a blast, everyone is pumped and excited about missionary work, and I know miraculous things will come in the next few weeks.

Love,

Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment