Monday, November 14, 2011

Transfers...No Worries

I should be staying here, I think I'll be district leader here. Tooele is great, this Tuesday in the evening we're going to temple square with the family that is on date for the end of the month, I'm pretty pumped. I know they're going to cry during the family forever exhibit, which will make me cry, it'll just be one big happy mess of tears :)
 
We have met some  great potential this past week, people that look like they are ready for the Gospel, so the rest of the year should be exciting.
 
We spoke again this Sunday, in the ward we live in, Skyline. It's the closest thing to a home ward I have right now, so I felt extra special speaking to everyone. How I love the members here, we already have great relationships with many in both stakes. Next week we have another talk lined up, and other wards are planning on getting us to speak. It's still makes me a little nervous. Before my mission I thought talking was easy, but I never thought about what it was the Spirit wanted me to talk about. Now, I pray and try my best to speak on what the congregation may need to hear, and how to say it and all that. Sometimes it's not until the evening before the talk that scriptures and ideas start coming together in my mind. Speaking has definitely helped to make me more humble, realizing it's not Scotty talking, but a servant of Jesus Christ.
 
Christmas....letters would be nice, I haven't received much in the past few months. I usually wouldn't care, but with another greenie companion that gets mail from family, girlfriend, and others every week, it gets a little sad not having any :( SO! What you can get for me mother, is having everyone write me a letter for christmas! That way I'll have letters to write back on a p-day!
 
Thanksgiving is stacked. I feel for missionaries is foreign lands that don't get it. We have a breaksfast at an awesome bishop's home, then a meal at 3pm with a family that has a son serving his mission in the Portland, Oregon Mission, and finally we wrap up with a family at 5pm...oooooh yeah! Christmas is also lined up too! Breakfast, lunch, dinner!
 
Take care everyone, and let me know how life is in those letters you send me!
 
LOVE,
 
Elder Scotty


Pictures:
Halloween night! This is the Wilson family, they live two doors down from us, she cut my hair my first week here, and we've become really good friends with the entire family!

Elder Owen and I went on a trip with one of our ward mission leaders to the top of this mountain last Monday. You could see everything from up here! We could see seven temples, from Bountiful down to Provo!

The top of the mountain we were on, and a picture of Provo! If you look closely, you can SEE the "Y" on the mountain! Hello Provo, Elder Warczak loves you all!
 
In the mission field we have what are called DVR's "Driving Vehicle Reports" which are reports on the miles we drive, and the gas we fill up with using the mission credit card assigned to each car. At the end of the month we put this report with all our receipts in an envelope and turn them into Elder Hunt, the senior missionary assigned to maintain all mission vehicles. I ALWAYS decorate my envelope to him, and we get a kick out of each other when ever we see each other at the office! Well, this last month, we went WAY over on our miles! I felt somewhat bad, knowing that it's important to do our best to stay within the miles alloted to us, but then I didn't feel bad, for the first three reasons I mentioned on the envelope. Anywho, I got extra creative this month and drew him my best envelope yet! I was a little liberal when coloring my hair, how I wish I had that much! HA!
 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment