Monday, November 7, 2011

The Lord is Blessing Us :)

I'll share two things with you all briefly.
 
First Miracle:
 
A family that has been taught previously by other missionaries here in the area accepted baptism for the end of the month! Mom, dad, and two daughters! We talked with them last week about what they would like to have a lesson on, and they asked to discuss baptism...my favorite topic! I was pretty nervous about it, this really was a make or break lesson in my mind. We started preparing the lesson plan two days in advance, making sure we knew exactly who was doing what and sharing what scripture, down to the T. My heart was pounding driving out to their home in Stockton! I was excited and scared at the same time. Once we started the lesson, it all fell into place, the spirit was there, and they accepted the invitation to be baptized November 26th. This family, is by far the most prepared of any investigators I've ever had! The father loves the Book of Mormon, and knows by the power of the Holy Ghost that it is true! The mother attended the Relief Society General Broadcast, and adored President Uchtdorf's "Forget Me Not" address! Both the young daughters have been wanting to be baptized, they all have amazing testimonies! They have concerns about not being fully ready for baptism, because it is such a big step and change to one's life, but we asured them, as we will continue to do, that this is what their Heavanly Father wants them to do!
 
Second Miracle:
 
A relief society president gave us a few names to visit in the ward. One was a Catholic family that the ward had taken dinner to before. They were nice, but not interested in hearing our message. We ran into this family later on at the ward Halloween party, their member neighbor invited them and they had a good time there! This morning, the same relief society president called and informed us the member neighbor to this family told her that they would like to come to church with her, and when the neighbor asked if we could come and see the family, they agreed! We see the mother tomorrow morning with the relief socity president, and from what we're told, it sounds like we will be able to begin sharing the Gospel with them!
 
 
I'm so pumped! Some other good things are happening in the two stakes here as well. We've spoken a few times on Sunday, and are speaking again this Sunday and also the following one, busy busy busy! The snow is here, I'm sad this is my last winter as a missionary. The transer ends in a little over a week and then just one more transfer until the new year, the year that I finished my mission, 2012!!! It's creeping up on me, I want to go out this year and into the new one with a spiritual bang!
 
LOVE,
 
Elder Scotty 

No comments:

Post a Comment