Monday, May 16, 2011

Call me Elder WAR MACHINE!

My birthday was a beautiful day, plenty of sunshine and blue sky. Nothing too exciting, a birthday as a missionary is like any other day. But now I can say I'm 22 when I introduce myself, which sounds a lot better than saying I'm 21 to my ears. We have two baptisms this weekend, sadly no others lined up at the moment, but they'll come, miracles will happen. It's been a struggle with other things so far this transfer, but that little white handbook I read from everyday filled with all the missionary guidelines informs me that I am not to write in my emails or correspondence with others anything negative about my area, my companion, or anything else going on. So I'll just leave it at that
 
Hence the new nickname, "Elder War Machine", I am starting now to get more of a backbone. I'm too nice, I hate hurting people's feelings by telling them how it is. Then it boils to a point where I uncork and end up saying something way out of line. No more! If a missionary does or says something they shouldn't, I'm going to let them know about it, even if they did it in ignorance and had no idea what they did or said was wrong, it doesn't matter. I'm here to serve the Lord, not to please anybody else.  It's just been a long week, heck, a long month so far! I think I am training a new missionary next transfer, at least that's what the grapevine is saying these days. There's a big group of new elders coming in, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm called to be a trainer.
 
Today my zone went to the temple and then Sister Winn set up a tour for us at the church history museum located right next to the temple. What a fun place that is! I learned a ton of stuff, and saw some wonderful pieces of art.
 
Next week I'll have baptism pictures, so be sure to check those out! Thank you to those that sent me birthday greetings! And I'm sure I'll get some this week since we receive mail only once a week on Thursdays, so thank you in advance!
 
Love,
Elder Scotty "War Machine" Warczak

No comments:

Post a Comment