Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Elder Warczak!


Another rainy day here in Washington, er...I mean Salt Lake. The rain has been coming down for a few days now, it's making me homesick/angry. I love my rain, but not when it's May 9th in Utah! The work is going well. We meet with two people tonight who want to be baptized, and their dad it seems has had a change of heart, and is allowing us to come over and teach his sons. I guess the elders before me that were here tried with them, but the dad HATED seeing missionaries, so never allowed the sons to learn more. The whole family showed up to church, the mom is an active member, and the dad gave his blessing for us to teach them. Hopefully that leads to saying yes to baptism!
 
Mother's day was wonderful, it was lovely to talk with my parents, felt just like the good old times. My siblings I think would agree, I'm good at staying in touch with the family. At school I would always call on my way to or from class, just to say hi and see what was new. It will be nice to get back to that next June. My birthday is Friday, my first one in the mission field! Next year I'll be coming home in less than a month. With each transfer missionaries are going home and new ones are coming in, I'm getting to be one of the more "seasoned" elders. Wierd to think about it.
 
I hope everyone is well, I know there are a few babies due soon and a couple of weddings happening. Good luck Sarah with the delivery, you're going to be an amazing mother! Pete, congrats on the marriage, I hope it's a wonderful day and that the weather will be decent, I'm expecting pictures! Thanks Sean for keeping me posted on everyone, way to get all A's last semester, gotta do well to support the wife and future little Harveys! To everyone else I hope life is treating you well. Always remember our Savior in everything you do, He knows how to help in EVERY situation!
 
Ofa Atu
 
Elder Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment