Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nearly Halfway!


Pics:
 
-Snow on April 30th...WHAT!?!?
 
-Elder Walker and I with a beautiful snow free sky behind us!
 
-Reunited with Elder Orr, we still think we're hard thugs
 
-Many "helping hands" on Ensign Peak Trail
 
-(Pile of rocks) I was on rock duty...my muscles woke up after a leave of absence for ohhh...a year!
 
-(Elder Walker and Orr) 14E boys are the best looking! Ladies, just another 13 months till they're home :)
 
Dear family and friends,
 
Last Saturday it snowed...what in the world! My zone along with another zone were part of the service project "Comcast Cares Day", and so we headed off early in the morning to Ensign Peak. First we placed mulch around about 30 trees in a nearby park, then everyone went up to the trail head of Ensign Peak and did a major face lift! A team of people went up the trail and cleared it out all the way to the top, and at the bottom of the trail old plants and bushes were torn out and new ones, along with all those big rocks, were put in. It was a cold day, but it was fun to be around Elder Walker and Orr.
 
The new area is getting better. We have three people on date for baptism, with two others looking good as well. It is still a challenge trying to learn the area, I feel like I got white-washed in there, my companion still doesn't know the people and area too well, and he's been there three months. The stake president is only 32 years old, he is a very humble man. Yesterday was stake conference and he gave an amazing talk, he'll go far in life. Today marks 11 months I have been a missionary, I'll give a whole speal on that and what it feels like in a month when I hit a year.
 
Yesterday we went to see the Bangerter group down in the Granger and West Valley stakes. It was great to see all of them. We didn't have a dinner so we were invited to the normal family dinner. I love all those people, I can't wait to see them after the mission and be able to spend more time with them. I am so happy it's May. On to Summer! And my birthday is next Friday, Friday the 13th! I'll make it a great day, a good present would be to find a family to teach the Gospel to! I've given up on wishing for hair, cancer nuked it and I've come to the realization that I am doomed to look like a grandpa the rest of my life.
 
So much has gone on in the world it seems like lately. I heard all about Bin Laden's death, the royal wedding, and the tornadoes down in the south. How I love the little bubble we missionaries live in! This week I have leadership training with the rest of the leaders in the mission, interviews with President Winn, and exchanges with members of my district. Busy busy busy!
 
I feel like my emails are getting shorter as time goes on, it's tough to think of things to talk about. I'll make sure to send more pictures to compensate for the lack!
 
Love,
Elder Scotty 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment