Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Missionaries Everywhere!







A computer lab full of elders in my zone, this is every week. This is what Elder Warczak looks like as he is typing this email to you all :)


 A few art samples at the church history museum from last week's tour. I love the one of Christ in the Americas with all the angels coming down! The picture of Joseph Smith and the first vision is in the Nauvoo Cafe, the scripture it goes with is Hebrews 12:29, "For our God is a consuming fire"...cool huh? The death horse picture is based off a scripture in Revelations, pretty much saying if you were righteous you'll see the lovely face of God, and if you were evil...crazy eyes horse is coming to get ya!

Here is Michael and Monica, two amazing converts to the church!



Hello Everyone,

As with this computer lab, missionaries are everywhere we go. With areas being so small, we always run into other companionship's, it's always fun. The weather has been crummy, but our spirits have been up. The baptism this weekend was great. Simple, just a few friends and family members. Both are solid new converts, they will go far in the church, next year I fully expect to see Michael and his wife Julie, who is a member, in the temple where they will be sealed together as husband and wife for all time and eternity. The transfer is over next Wednesday. Then I will officially be at the year mark the next day, CrAzY! Elder Widenhouse is emailing right next to me, my first district leader a year ago, and he is finished next Wednesday, even CrAzIeR!

This past week we did a ton of door knocking, checking lists of new move-ins, and children of record. I really feel like as we continue to chip away and do our best, major blessings and miracles will come to this area, especially if I am training next transfer. I'll be on my A-game because I don't want to screw up the kid, and hopefully he'll be pumped to be on his mission and to work hard! As long as I can walk around with the sunshine on my face, instead of raindrops, I'll be happy no matter what.

Also this past week, as we talked to people, the same question came up, "How is it serving in Salt Lake, Utah?" Always with that chuckle of sarcasm that says, "It has to stink right, or at least make you mad you serve here instead of somewhere cool in the world?" It has helped to remember how much I love Salt Lake as I reply to each person, "It's the best mission in the world!" And I mean it. I love being here.

This past Sunday in one of our wards an elder came home from....Tacoma, WA!!! He served in areas like Spanaway, and the Tacoma stake, and Port Orchard. I LOVED hearing those places name, I know where they're at! I talked with him after the meeting, he had some missionary buddies there as well, so I had a little Washington conversation with a group of guys that LOVE Tacoma, WA!

Random fact for you: Apparently, the first man of African descent to receive the priesthood in the church is in my stake, Brother Joseph Freeman. Now, I've "googled" it, and read some articles, and everything is saying he was the first to receive it, BUT there may have been black men in Brazil and Los Angeles that received it first. Who knows, but he is definitely one of the first! He served as a bishop and now is serving as a high counselor over the Cambodian branch. He gave the opening prayer when we spoke there last week, and I shared a hymn book with him as we sung!

Pray for the sun to come, and life will be good :)

Miss and love you all,

Elder Scotty Warczak

No comments:

Post a Comment