Monday, October 24, 2011

Southern Baptist and a Hospital Visit




Pics: 

Elder Burkard and I reunited! He's my zone leader! My apologies mother, I realized afterwards that I folded my arms in these pictures. So when you say, "Why is he folding his arms, he looks like a doofus?!?" don't worry, I am fully aware of my doofyness.


The baptism from last week with the sisters that began teaching them
 
Elder Owen and I, my second trainee
 
 

This week we met with Danielle, our Southern Baptist gal. She is a nurse and she is a hoot! We met with her at the bishop's home, and had one of the best lessons I've had thus far. She has amazing questions, she knows her bible very well. She definitely won't be someone I can just say the words to and she'll nod her head up and down, she'll pull out scriptures and compare them with what the Book of Mormon and we are teaching. She is prepared, she just doesn't realize it yet. Heavenly Father has been shaping her life in such a way that she has come to this point. I bore the most powerful testimony of the restoration of the gospel and The Book of Mormon I ever have. Tears coming down my face, she started to cry as well. My goodness gracious. She has read nearly all of the first book of Nephi in the Book of Mormon on her own, and so far as she can tell it's not "the devil's book" like everyone says it is :) She is excited to meet with us again.
 
Later in the week, a ward mission leader called and said a member of the ward was in the ICU with a heart condition. We were not able to go that day, but had to go the next. As we entered the ICU, lo and behold, Danielle is sitting there at the front desk! We talked with her and then went in to the sick member's room to give her a blessing. In the evening we stopped by the the fellowshipping bishop's home to tell them about the fun run in with Danielle earlier. Sister Clayson, bishop's wife, told us Danielle just texted her ten minutes prior to us coming over. Sister Clayson said that was Danielle's first day in ICU, that she normally wouldn't even have been there since she just became a registered nurse not too to long ago...coincidence??? I think NOT!
 
This week I also had exchanges with Elder Willnauer, a member of mtc distrcit 14E. He's my district leader, and how fun it was to be with him. We talked about the mtc and how far we've come since then and all the crazy things that have happened to us. I stick with my conviction that no mtc distrcit has ever been as close as mine, we are all best buds!
 
Everything else is going well, I still love Tooele. We spoke in a ward yesterday and will be speaking in another this upcoming Sunday. With 15 wards, I'm sure we'll be speaking a lot more in the next few months! I'm still feel excited about missionary work, I still have tons of time, but I feel like I'm on my A-game as far as doing what I have been called to do.
 
Love,
 
Elder Scotty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment